Sunday, January 5, 2014

What To Make in a Cold January

I hope you will ignore the fact that it has been so long since I have posted. No sense in boring you with excuses. 

It is a very cold January. It is not a safe time to ship Tillandsia/Air Plants. Plants, to me, are just one step below my dogs. Plants are live, breathing things - they just don't have brains. I cannot take the chance of a plant freezing to death, because of my shipping in this weather. 

And after such a busy Christmas season of making clay items, I have decided to not make one thing clay in January!

What better thing to do when it is so cold is to loom knit scarves and hats! Now I cannot possibly wear all I make so I am toying with offering them for a donation to charities. My problem is I am torn between several very worthwhile charities. 

Being an animal lover, I have been following a family that take in neglected and unwanted horses. It has grown beyond their expectations and is very expensive.

With a Grandson and his wife both being in the army - Dogs for Vets is also very dear to my heart. 

Your input would be appreciated. Have your own favorite charity? Please share with us and the reason you love this charity. 

More tomorrow

Have a great day,

Barb
http://nowthatsunique.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment