Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Loom Knitting for Pets for Vets - Want to Help?

   The first knitted hats are just about finished and I am now working on a beautiful scarf. I am so excited about helping Pets for Vets. The more I read on their site, Pets for Vets, the more I want to help this very deserving cause. 


Pets for Vets is helping.

Our goal is to help heal the emotional wounds of military veterans by pairing them with a shelter dog that is specially selected to match his or her personality. Professional animal trainers rehabilitate the dogs and teach them good manners to fit into the veteran’s lifestyle. Training can also include desensitization to wheel chairs or crutches as well as recognizing panic or anxiety disorder behaviors.

It’s win-win.

Needy shelter dogs receive a second chance at life while giving our returning soldiers a second chance at health and happiness. The bonds of friendship formed between man and animal have the power to ease the suffering of our troops when they return from overseas.

If you knit or crochet and want to help, please let me know. Email me at barb1839@ymail.com  There is no way that by myself can I raise lots of money to help our Veterans. 

Have a Happy Day,
Barb
http://nowthatsunique.artfire.com 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment