Monday, January 6, 2014

What I am doing with a Gift from a Stranger



A nice thing happened to me a few days ago. And what I am doing with the Gift from a Stranger.  This has been on the news, but, never thought it would happen to me.

While grocery shopping a lady came up to me and handed me a twenty dollar bill. When I asked why, she said no catch, just greet people with a smile.

That $20 sat on my desk for several days. I thought of giving it to someone else, but how to pick someone? Then Michaels ran a big sale on yarn. This is the way to give back! I used that $20 to buy yarn and now am launching my loom knitting for my favorite charity.

Pets for Vets is it! Pets for Vets provides companion dogs for Veterans.  These are not service dogs, but are pets that have been rescued. Thedog rescues the Vet and the Vet rescues the dog.  A great win, win!

I have two rescued dogs - Andy and Hannibal. I lost my husband almost two years ago and while my children have been wonderful, these two dogs are with me 24 hours a day. Not only do I take care of them, but they take care of me.


As I get a hat or scarf  finished it will go on my Artfire studio - Now Thats Unique. Look for Shop Section - Loom Knitting. As long as I can I will furnish 100% of the costs with the exception of the shipping. Monies will go into my Paypal account and will be paid out to Pets for Vets through my Paypal account.

Now it is time to go knit!

Stay Warm,
Barb
http://nowthatsunique.artfire.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment