Monday, January 13, 2014

Enjoying Green in a Cold, Brown Winter

  In the middle of a very cold, brown winter, I always have cheery green in my house.
  Tillandsia/Air Plants always are green. Inside your house never needs to look like the dreary outside. Of course if you live in sunny California or Florida, I am green with envy!

  These pictures are of a beautiful Air Plant that has just finished blooming. These pictures are of it in bloom. What is nicer than a plant in bloom in the middle of winter? I have mounted this streptophylla x brachycaulos on a light piece of cork bark.



Meanwhile I am knitting away on my looms. I so want to help Veterans get a companion dog from Pets for Vets. So far I have made 3 hats and 1 scarf. Soon they will be on my Artfire studio. When you buy one, the proceeds will be donated to this wonderful cause. All monies except for the fees Paypal charges and the postage will go to Pets for Vets

Have a happy day,
Barb

http://nowthatsunique.artfire.com (formerly creation-in-clay)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment