Sunday, July 7, 2013

Setting up at the Tulsa Flea

Yesterday I set up a booth at the Tulsa Flea. Actually the proper name is the Tulsa Flea Market. Years ago my husband and I set up there every Saturday for about 2 years and always said we are "going to the Tulsa Flea".

The Tulsa Flea is an upscale flea market. Located in the largest (air conditioned) building on the Tulsa Fairgrounds, you will find lots of quality antiques, collectables and of course crafts. If you live in the Tulsa area, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Owned by the same family for the last 40 years. Open only on Saturdays. You will need to check the schedule,Tulsa Flea Market ,  since a few times a year the fair board rents out the building for other events.

Anyway, enough about that. This is my third time and it is fun to meet interesting people and make friends with those that come every week. I have several who have bought Tillandsias (air plants) and come to tell me how their air plants are doing. It is great when they call them my babies or my new pet.

It was a slow day, probably because it was a holiday weekend. I am excited about meeting a wedding planner that thinks the Tillandsias will be a great gift for the bride and groom to give to guests!

Well, I need to start inventorying and get a balance of plants after yesterday. It is fun ordering and getting in a new shipment of airplants. The anticipation of what is in that box is like opening presents!

After that, I will write the post I promised on the care and other tidbits of information on the Tillandsia caput-medusa.

Barb
Creation-in-Clay
Barb's Creations

P.S. Would love for you to be one of my followers and just as the name Artistic Hodge implies, no telling what you will find!


No comments:

Post a Comment