Thursday, July 18, 2013

Adjusting my mind to being a year older.


  I was the oldest in my family. Only girl with three brothers. I am sure my brothers would tell you, I was always bossing them around letting them know who was the oldest.

  Now, darn-it, I don't like being the oldest!

  I hate birthdays. When it rolls around, much quicker now, it would be nice to ignore it. But, my family will not allow that. I know, and I appreciate how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family.
 
  A friend told me she always reversed her age when asked. For one year she was 17, then the next 27, then 37 and so on. But that quit working for now she would be 97!!!

  But, the next day is a new day, and everyone goes about their business and I then have time to think. Oh my gosh, I am a year older! I have got to change the number when asked my age??? Then, day by day, I start  adjusting to my new age.

  Just about the time I get adjusted......You guessed it, its my birthday again!!!

Barb
http://www.creation-in-clay.artfire.com







No comments:

Post a Comment