Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More Wild Flowers to Make into Polymer Clay

   Finally! The weather has warmed and a couple of wild flowers have poked their heads through the grass. 

This one, I believe, is a wild morning glory.  I have watched the progression of this flower over
three days. First, it opens all white, then shades of light pink, then the third day, it ends up with a pink and white striped petal. I took these in the bright sun, so the pink just doesn't show up!
Study the flower. It is only 4 petals overlapping. Yellow center and small white stamens. Make this using a rose petal cutter. I use the Kemper tools. 

I have no idea what this little clump of seed pods are. They are similar to wild onion, but I don't believe this is what they are. If you know, kindly let all of us know in the comment section below. 

You can see, the stems are large and round. I could see no leaves. 

This pretty little flower is the common oxalis. A wild form of the four-leaf clover. So simple and yet so charming. 
Make a few of all these flowers when you are in between projects. Or when your brain is on hold for good ideas. The Oxalis is always yellow, but that doesn't mean you can't make them all colors. Any of them would look so good in a fairy garden. After sculpting your beautiful fairy, she will need a nice garden. Go through your stash of flowers and add them. Instant garden!

As soon as I get through with the project I am on right now, it will be flower making time!

Have a great day!
Barb



No comments:

Post a Comment