Friday, May 10, 2013

Polymer Clay Teapot with Squiggles and Dots

Around Christmas time, my daughter-in-law brought me a plain white teapot and said: "Do something with it." It sat around until last month, when I decided to use lots of color and with clay ropes. 

I had been looking for a table vice to use on my dining room table which doubles as my work bench. I needed one that would clamp to the edge. Thinking that there surely was such a thing, I looked and could not find. My son and family gave me one for Christmas. Just exactly what I needed.

What was it for you ask? I had bought a very good extruder, but even it was hard to hold with the left hand while I turned the crank with my right. Clay is not easy to press through a tiny hole!

Ok, I will get to the point! This teapot is entirely made with ropes made with the extruder. Even the round dots. to make them, I laid a clay rope straight and cut in equal portions. Then I made even size balls and pushed them onto the teapot.

No place on the pot is the same as the opposite spot, as you can see.


(I wish I could figure out how to move the pictures in the order I want. I am use to being able to move pictures anywhere on the page, but with blogger I have not figured it out!!)



The reason the handle, spout and cap are left without any clay, is because I wanted this teapot to be used for tea! 

This is what I call "Clay being useful". 
Have a great day!
Barb



No comments:

Post a Comment