Monday, April 15, 2013

Sculpting Wildflowers with Polymer Clay


While walking the dogs this morning, I noticed the shape and color of Dandelions. Have you ever looked at them as a beautiful wildflower instead of a pesky weed?

They are a vibrant and bright yellow, with tiny, thin petals in a beautiful, balanced design.
Whether you are doing fairies, fairy houses, containers, or just about anything you are sculpting, you need a prop stash. Flowers and leaves are a must.

Instead of the usual roses and daisies, take a walk with your camera and take pictures of the wild flowers in bloom. Study their color and shape then sculpt then for future use. Be sure to make them from small to large.

As I find them in bloom, I will post the pictures here. Copy them for your use. Lucky you,if you are in Texas. I wish I had thought of this when I lived there. Texas is loaded with beautiful wildflowers of all descriptions. Wherever you live, I am sure you have many that are not found in Okla. If you can, share them with all of us. Just copy and paste them to the comment section below.

Enjoy your day, wherever you are:
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment