Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fairy and Angel Wings Using Fantasy Film

After doing the chores like doing laundry, I started making wings for my angels and fairies using Fantasy Film. Have you seen any wings made with this film?

I have seen picture of dolls with beautiful realistic wings and have really admired them. And of course, wanted to try this technique.

It is not easy and requires practice and don't be disappointed when you mess up several times. Maybe it will not happen to you and you make a beautiful set of wings the first time you try!

This a picture of the first method I have tried. It actually makes a beautiful wing. (I know you can't tell it by looking at mine.) I am definitely not ruling this method out, but think it needs to be used for bigger wings that I am trying to make for my angels. They are harder to make and maybe after I get a little more practice with the Fantasy Film, I will be able to make the





My second attempt was working, except I got it to close to the heat.  Yep, those are holes through the film. Got it to close to the heat. Believe me it is easy to do.

I have added a close-up showing my messy mess of wires.











This one is a little better. Not good enough to use, but I will keep them. This method uses both wings and two layers of Fantasy Film. It is easier to work with, especially for me.  It is on my angel with the hair that looks like worms!










Ok, this is the last one so far! I am getting better. They are so pretty and will add so much to my wee people, it is worth the effort. I took two pics. with and without flash. Trying to pick up the glitter that I added.






Back to making wings. Will post some of my finished and improved wing pictures in a day or two.

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment